The Early Years Foundation Stage
The framework is called 'Early Years Foundation Stage' EYFS. The Nursery will be inspected by Ofsted under the Children’s Childcare Act 2006.
All children are supported in developing and learning at their own pace.
All Staff are trained in planning for the individual child’s learning and development needs, whilst ensuring freedom of play and exploring their surroundings.
When starting your child at nursery we will provide you with some more information about the EYFS. If you would like more information you can visit :
What to expect, when? Guidance to your child’s learning and development in the early years foundation stage
The 7 areas of Learning and Development.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development - helping to build confidence, concentration, independence and respect.
- Literacy - beginning to read and write.
- Communication, Language and Literacy - developing speaking and listening skills.
- Mathematics - focusing on number work, mathematical ideas, thinking and problem Solving
- Understanding the World - helping children investigate and think about their place in the world.
- Physical Development - relating to developing physical skills and understanding.
- Expressive Arts and Design - centred on building children’s imagination.
Learning and development
At Three Bears Nursery we use Learning Book, a digital learning journey where we can record, analyse and share information on your child's progress. LearningBook gives parents a smart, flexible way to review and interact with their child’s early years education by transforming the link between home and Nursery.
Click on the link below for more information about Learning Book.